Friday, December 28, 2012

Geometry

I'm on the 4th patterning of the hairnet, and have made it all up once only to fail (7 hours down the drain).  The cording is so stiff that any slack in the shape turns into a big wing off the side of the head.  I thought I'd be able to draw up an oval at the bottom the way store-bought snoods are done but the stiffness had it looking more like a pizza hat.  Failing that I flat drafted it with zigzag edges to be able to weave the net together at the bottom and I really thought that would work, but it was still huge in back when I sewed it up.  Building it on a headform gives a skullcap with a bubble in back, still not where I need to be but closer.  I need a hat block the right shape!  That's not going to happen today so I will drape a few more shapes & see if I can stumble on the secret.  Chalk up another frustrating day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment