Monday, December 3, 2012

Finally back to Eleanora!

bodice front
with sleeve

bodice back
At long last, time for the first real fitting.  I thought I'd try something different & put the lacing rings inside instead of trying to do worked rings on the velvet but it doesn't hide the way I'd hoped.  That I'm totally unhappy with so I will have to re-do the closing.  The fabric was too bulky to do the sleeve tops the way I usually do but I think they'll be OK when there's a chemise & real aiglettes on it.  On the bonus points side, the fit is near perfect.  I drafted the corset off the bodice pattern so the lines would match up and that was worth the effort.  I'm hoping the tabs will help support the weight of the skirt . Now you can see how I fit myself--mirrors and a camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment