Thursday, December 6, 2012

Partlet time

Stitch & bitch on a wet, cold Thursday evening with costume obsessed folk & I managed to get something done despite the good company & great books.  I discovered that foamcore poster board now has 1/2" grid marked on it.  That's convenient, because my plan was to get some foamcore & draw the pattern I draped on it and then grid it, pin the cord to it, and sew right on the pinup.  So far, so good.  I pinned the gold cording (surprisingly tough to find this time of year) in a 1.5" grid pattern.  I tried to layout as if it were network (zigzags) but there was too much curve in the joins. To get that clean 90 degree at each pearl the cords have to cross.  I left the sides open so I can lattice them together easily after it's off the foamcore.  That's all one continuous piece of cord. I'm not sure if I'll add something in the center back on that V or not, since most of it will be under the dress. I feel very productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment