Sunday, February 24, 2019

Getting Started Again (At Last?)

Does it seem like I'm always worrying over not getting started and not getting done? Really, this time I've been on hiatus entirely too long (Years not weeks)!  My SCA friends would say I've been "having life" for a bit.  I lost my dad, sold my house, moved to the 'burbs and have been trying to recapture the creative person vibe that doesn't seem to manifest in a family neighborhood the way it does in the inner city. Settling in has taken too long, my studio space is mostly unused because the light desperately needs augmentation and I'm not in the mood to do any upgrades to this new house. I've lost too many friends in the last few years as we all age & life catches up to us. Making fancy clothes seems like such a trivial way to spend precious time when you've watched someone struggle with chemo, or held their grieving child. But we all need art to feed our souls & this is my art. My soul has been left hungry too long.

It’s been a few years since I made anything, so I’m going try & blog properly for the couple folks who asked me to & any others who might be curious about the process.  I HOPE that will be enough motivation to make me actually finish the project.  Here goes…

No comments:

Post a Comment