Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Regency Time

From the Kyoto Museum collection, a dress that looks like a coat style I love, and a military inspired redingote

3 AM Inspiration no doubt brought on by the ORS posting an event to sail on a tall ship in costume.  Here goes the next project!  In keeping with my resolution to not buy new fabric this year (which will no doubt go out the window Saturday at my friend's studio cleaning sale), I dug out bins and boxes to see what could be done.  The discoveries include 2.5 yards of brown shot silk, a bolt of black/brown wool tweed, a spool of black braid, 4 yards of white windowpane cotton, a bolt of handkerchief linen and some straw hats.  I haven't done Regency for a while so I'll need to do the underpinnings as well. I bought the wool to do "something steampunk" so I think an interesting redingote may fill a double bill.  The windowpane is obvious though white isn't a color I choose to wear.  The silk has possibilities for a day dress if there is enough.  I can stretch it out with something black perhaps.  I need to get this post loaded and get to my "real" job now, but I suspect my brain will be designing all day. I'm sure my boss will wonder why I'm wiped out in the early afternoon. 3 AM. Gaaah!

1 comment: