Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Partlet

I've finished draping the partlet (on myself, in a corset, must be nuts).  3 tries to get all the key places to lay flat.  The shoulders have some curve that I'm not sure if I can transfer to the net layout or even if it will matter given net's flexibility. Looking at the closeups of the painting the original didn't have any curve but we don't know what the back looks like and straight over the shoulder will skew the back a bit (and the flat vs curvy problem comes into this as well, part of the shoulder curve offsets the extra fabric caused by where the corset breaks). I have this idea that I can transfer the pattern to a piece of foam core & draw the net grid, then pin the cord to it and sew right on the board.  Task for tomorrow: find a big piece of foamcore.

No comments:

Post a Comment